Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tutorial - How to Make a Bib Necklace with LED lights

http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.com/2014/03/smart-upcycled-bib-necklace.html#.U0u0wFfLI3A
Necklace from jeans material, scrap lace, and recycled ribbon

Tutorial at Green Issues by Agy Blog

"I've always wanted to make a bib necklace but didn't get around to doing it as I wasn't really sure what materials to use. Then a friend passed me an old jean skirt that no longer fitted her toddler.  I used the jeans as the necklace base and strengthened it with felt. I added black lace scraps from the upcycled LBD project, a few Swarovski crystals (a few because they were so expensive!) and a couple of craft gems.  The project was finished off with a black ribbon.  To give the project a sparkle, I sewed on the LilyPad board, light sensor and LED lights. This project glows when it is dim or dark, and flickers when it is bright".... Read more

1 comment: