Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tutorial - How to Make a Shower Cap

What a fabulous photo, huh? Looks like a fun way to start the day!

Shower Cap Tutorial at Home Sweet Homebodies
"When I was a teenager, I believed you had to shower every day. Well, since I put it that way- I still do, but after my first son was born, I found it was too much work to wash and blow dry my hair every day, and in our arid climate, my hair was getting dry and brittle. In order to save myself time and energy, and to help my hair get healthier, I decided to stop washing my hair as frequently. Of course, trying to just shower without getting my hair wet at all was impossible. My hair would become limp and frizzy and I would have to style my hair all over again. Shower caps were the natural solution, and for a while I used the disposable shower caps you sometimes get in your hotel room. But those can easily get holes, or the elastic stretched out, and let's face it- they're just not cute. Naturally, I decided to make my own. I wanted a simple solution- I didn't want to layer fabrics, or plastics, or have to spray scotch guard. I didn't want to hem. Or iron..." Read more

2 comments: