Monday, October 24, 2011

Recipe - How to Make Best Ever Carrot Cake

Homemade Carrot Cake! Yum!

Best Ever Carrot Cake Recipe at Show, Tell, Share
"Not that it's getting cool and crisp around these parts yet (I only wish), but we were in the mood for some good Thanksgiving spice. I'm not usually a big fan of carrot cakes. Raisins in baked things disturb me, and most carrot cakes I've had are too ... I don't know, sweet? But my mother-in-law has a recipe for carrot cake that hooks me in every time. She once made one while I was in the hospital delivering a baby. When she thoughtfully brought me a large slice, it was nearly the highlight of my day--second only to meeting my adorable son, of course. I made that one slice of heaven last my entire two-day stay, rationing out the bites as little rewards. Too much information, perhaps, but that's how much I like this cake! It's moist without being gooey, and not super sweet so the cream cheese icing gives a nice contrast..." Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment