Friday, December 30, 2011

Tutorial - How to Make a NO-KNIT knitted cowl

No Knit Knitted Cowl at The Quick Unpick blog 

"it's been getting colder down south here in Australia so I've been rugging up and trying to keep warm. I keep seeing on Etsy and many other sites some gorgeous knitted cowls - I think they are fabulous and it got me thinking about making some for myself... only thing is, I'll admit I can knit but there is no speed nor uniformed tension involved, together with high likelihood of dropped stitches... so no wonderfully gorgeous cowl was going to fall from the ends of my knitting needles... hmmm, what's a girl to do... well - I'll stick to what I love, REFASHIONING!" Read More

4 comments:

  1. This is a perfect tutorial for me. I can knit, but not well! It is a great way to repurpose an old sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies (and also Dotty for posting)... we're now in the midst of summer here (today its mid 30's celsius and we're expecting over 40's in the coming days)...no matter though - in winter I'll be definitely whipping up some more of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's mighty cold here Spangler. Perfect weather for your tutorial for us!

    Thanks all!

    ReplyDelete