Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tutorial - How to Make a Bugle Bead Fringe Necklace


Tutorial using recycled bugle beads

Necklace Tutorial at Miss P Blog
"This is the first of two necklaces I made as part of The Refashioners 2013. I have shed loads of these black glass bugle beads left so don't be surprised if a few more makes crop up over time! Bugles lend themselves brilliantly to fringing and are kind of synonymous with the whole 20's vibe (think flapper dresses and The Great Gatsby) and I really like the contrast of silver and black. I also really like the look of torque necklaces, but always find they sit a bit funny on the collar bone. Of course, I've probably got weird collar bones! But in any case, I decided to try making a "1/2 torque" with a chain extender. And hey presto, it sits rather nicely! Here's what I did".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment