Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tutorial - How to Make a Patterned Wire Ring

Recycle a bangle to make this unique ring

Ring Tutorial at Jewels of Sayuri Blog

"Have you seen patterned wire before? I have, in numerous ads of sites that flood my inbox everyday tempting me to work with them. Alas, I do not find them in India and its too expensive to import wire. Then one day, as I was getting ready to go to a wedding, I realised that something was pricking my hand. One of the metal bangles that I was wearing had come apart and was pinching my skin. You might wonder how this is possible...I wondered the same - I had never seen or heard of a metal bangle break before!! I removed it and kept looking at it for a few minutes and that when I realised that it was nothing but a strip of patterned wire, hence was flimsy and prone to breakage. So I did what any decent crafter would do - upcycle it :) I made a pretty pearl ring out of it and here is the process".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment