Friday, April 8, 2016

Tutorial - How to Make Chicken Mornay

https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2016/03/22/lightening-up-a-comfort-food-dish-chicken-mornay/
Classic dish - reworked to lighten the fat content

Tutorial at From My Carolina Home Blog

"When I was in high school, my mother worked as a manager at a local hotel.  She would frequently let me come and have dinner in the restaurant while she was on duty.  They had a dish on the menu I used to get all the time, and haven’t made in years.  Of course, their version was full of fat, and not something I  would want to do today unless some changes were made.  When I scored these individual gratin dishes (aren’t they wonderful with the vegetable motif?), I started thinking about how I could use them. Maybe I could re-invent that mornay. I had just what I needed".... Read more

1 comment: