Sunday, October 4, 2009

Exchange Program Tutorial - How to Make a Yo Yo Necklace

Here's another fabulous tutorial created as part of my Exchange Program. Hideous Dreadful Stinky made this fun necklace using fabric from RubyJane.

Yo Yo Necklace Tutorial from Hideous Dreadful Stinky
"As an adult, I find making the yo-yos to be a very satisfying, zen-like experience akin to knitting. Once you make your first one or two and get into the groove of it, you can quickly produce lots of pretty little yo-yos.
I wanted to do something different with my yo-yos, so I decided to piece them together to make a cool necklace..." Read more

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful.. My Grandmother just gave me a hugh bag of yoyo's, that me and her made when I was younger.. Was SO EXCITED!! LOL!! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one too. I'm a huge yo yo fan. I've made hundreds in my day - never a necklace though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm Marigold from Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! and I did the tutorial for this yo-yo necklace. I've *just* started a Flickr pool for completed projects based on and/or inspired by my tutorials and blog entries, and I'd love to see completed necklaces in the pool. The Flickr group can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1309748@N20/
    Thanks so much, and if you try this tute, I hope to see your project in the group!

    ReplyDelete