Are you the creative type that loves to create tutorials and would like to receive unique, free supplies to try out? Are you a supply seller looking for a new way to promote your shop?
I'm playing matchmaker! I'd like to bring the two of you together.
This is a great opportunity for some free supplies in exchange for making a tutorial using them.
Here is an opportunity for a Totally Tutorials reader to receive The Quilt Block Book by Nancy Wick. Packed with photographs and diagrams for 75 quilt blocks, this book offers something for both the beginner and experienced quilter. This exchange is made available through The Quayside Publishing Group, and Totally Tutorials. For more information, read here.
Current Exchange Opportunity
Before applying for any exchanges,
please scroll down and read the rules first.
please scroll down and read the rules first.
Here's the plan:
The supply seller offers free products to those promising to create a unique tutorial using the supplies given. Each seller will decide how many items to offer and to any number of people. The seller may accept people on a first come-first served basis or may decide to choose from those that apply. The seller will come up with all of the details on how this will work.
The receiver of the item will create something amazing with that supply, while creating a tutorial, taking photos at every step. The receiver will post the free tutorial on her blog with a link to the supply shop, and detailing what supplies were used from that shop. If you don't have a blog, you may post your tutorial to Craftser, Instructables, or CutoutandKeep. It must be posted on a non-commercial site and must be free. After you post your tutorial, let the supplier and me know about it. I'll post the tutorial here too. (Please send me your tutorial through the "submit your tutorial" form page).
Tutorial creators, please keep in mind that anyone will be free to use your tutorial to create something to sell. The supply seller will be allowed to use your tutorial photos in promoting her supply - in listings or blogs, giving you credit of course.
Be sure to get a great photo of the finished piece for your tutorial. That's the one that will be posted here and possibly used by the supply seller.
Tutorial Creators, please remember that the supplies you receive are free, but there are strings attached. The supply sellers are taking a risk sending out their supplies. Please only apply for free supplies if you can commit to creating something wonderful with a fabulous tutorial and great photos.
Unsure of how to create a tutorial? ArtMind, the Queen of Tutorials, has posted a "how to" on her blog. She has some great tips and walks you through the whole process. You can also have a look at the tutorials already created as part of this Exchange Program.
* The supply seller will get additional blog traffic from their post explaining the exchange. It will be linked to from here.
* The supply seller will have links leading to her shop in the tutorials. Maybe the receivers will put items up for sale and link to you in those listings.
* The supply seller will be allowed to use photos of the finished products in her listings and/or blog and link to the tutorials if she chooses. This will give your potential buyers inspiration on how to use your supplies.
* Besides the tutorials on the receivers' blogs and the posts here about it, I have a page where all tutorials using each seller's supplies will be grouped together, for more exposure.
*Perhaps the receivers will love your supplies so much that they'll return to purchase in the future and hopefully you'll receive new buyers as a result of the tutorials.
* The receiver will get something free!
* The receiver will gain blog traffic from having their tutorial posted here (and possibly anywhere the supply seller posts a link).
* The receiver may sell the finished product if they wish.
* The receiver will be introduced to fabulous new supplies to test out at no charge. You might just find some new favorite suppliers.
* The receiver will have fun and a creative challenge!
* I'll get more tutorials to post!
* My blog will receive more traffic, giving everyone here more exposure.
Right now, this blog receives 3,000 to 5,000 page views a day with over 7000 followers. Taking part in this exchange could be a nice benefit for both the seller and the receiver.
So, if you're a seller of supplies, please think about it! Please read this page for details on how to have your own exchange.
I'm excited about this! I hope it will be fun and rewarding for all of us!
Disclaimer: I'll have nothing to do with the fine print and the exchange of product for tutorial. The seller makes all of the decisions - who will receive the items, what item(s) to use, the time-frame to offer the supplies, create the tutorials and post them, etc. I hope it won't happen, but if either party doesn't come through with their end of the deal, the two of you will need to work it out. My job is to help bring the two of you together, and post the tutorials here. Other than that, it's all up to you.