Monday, December 14, 2009

Tutorial - How to Make a Play Ice Cream Shop and Felt Ice Cream

You still have time to whip one of these up before Christmas! Too cute!

Play Ice Cream Shop Tutorial at Childhood 101
"I don't know if you have ever noticed the shopfronts that are built into children's climbing equipment at public playgrounds? They are usually underneath the high platform that the slide comes off. Anyway, when we visit our local playground, Immy enjoys playing ice cream shop (there is a story behind why based on her current favourite book but I will share that one another time!) We discuss what flavours are available, she takes my money (cents) and we enjoy a nice, cold (albeit imaginary) ice cream.
This wonderfully social, imaginary play led me to the recent construction of our next DIY Kids Project... I present to you, the Ice Cream Shop..." Read more

Be sure to check out Childhood 101's Felt Ice Cream Tutorial also.

No comments:

Post a Comment