Monday, June 7, 2010

Tutorial - How to Carve Custom Stamps

Love this! I've been meaning to carve some stamps for a while now. I've got the carving set and pink erasers. Someday!

Custom Stamps Tutorial at Shrimp Salad Circus
"I exclusively use recycled packaging for my vintage shop, but since it sometimes makes the outside of the parcel look a bit mangy, I always draw a little recycle symbol so that my customers know that I'm not just being cheap. I don't really love the look of my little hand-scrawled symbol, so I decided to carve a recycle stamp with a little heart instead. It's much more professional and much more 'Etsy,' if that makes any sense. I went a little crazy and carved myself up a Shrimp to go along with the whole deal, and today you get to see the woodgrain project!..." Read more

2 comments: