Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tutorial - How to Make a Zipper Strap Lunch Sack

In-Stinkin-Genious! You have to see the strap. What more could you possibly want from a lunch/snack sack?

Zipper Strap Lunch Sack Tutorial at Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky!
"After some use, I discovered several problems with the original bag and I had to do some experimentation to come up with the solutions. First of all, you'll notice that this is a bigger/taller lunch sack. I wanted something more diverse, so this one has the option of being a full sized lunch bag, or folding it down to make a smaller snack sack. Next, I changed the strap. The single strap on the original sack, attached at the center, simply doesn't work well. It flops around and doesn't stay put over the shoulder. Since the strap was attached only at two points (top and bottom centers) it also tended to try to migrate under Huck's armpit and turn upside down. Not good. So after some thought, and looking at single-shoulder backpacks, I figured out that I needed to attach the top at two points-the sides of the bag-and at the bottom. I also discovered that a zipper makes an ideal strap. You can zip it completely to make it a handle, partially zip it and wear it over one shoulder, or unzip completely and wear it as a backpack!..." Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment