Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rent College Textbooks and Help Kids Through Operation Smile

Something a little different today....

My oldest son is starting college in just a few weeks. If you or your child is getting ready for this semester, you know how much textbooks cost. Did you know that you can rent them? I had no idea!

After reading through CampusBookRentals.com, I realized that there are so many benefits to renting.

* Saves big bucks!
* You order them online, they're delivered, and you send them back when you're done.
* If you need them longer, you can extend the rental period.
* If you need to re-take a class, you can re-rent the book at a discount.
* If you decide that you want to keep the book, you can purchase it for the difference between what you already paid and the value of the book.
* You can highlight passages.

I think all of that is enough to go the rental route. But it gets even better! Have you heard of Operation Smile? They perform cleft surgeries on children whose families can't afford it. CampusBookRentals has committed to donating enough money for Operation Smile to perform 1,000 surgeries.

1,000 kids! For every book rented at CampusBookRentals, they'll donate a portion to Operation Smile to meet and maybe even exceed their goal. Wow. 1,000 kids' lives changed!

I'm going to get my son right on this. If you need textbooks, I hope you'll check it out.



* I was contacted by CampusBookRentals and offered a discount on textbook rentals in exchange for this post. I've received many requests for paid posts in the past. I've always declined them. A few things made me accept this offer...
We could save money on my son's books,
proceeds from our rentals go to Operation Smile,
I thought that some of you may be looking for ways to save on college expenses also,
and if any of you do end up using CampusBookRentals, that means that even more money will be donated to Operation Smile.

I honestly couldn't resist this offer.

Update: Boy am I glad that I didn't resist the offer! We ordered six books from CampusBookRentals. If we had purchased them from my son's school, they would have cost $500! (That was for all used books of course.) We paid a fraction of that to rent them! They arrived in just a few days and the books were in amazing condition. Most of them were brand new. The used ones were in almost new condition. Amazing! I am absolutely thrilled with the whole thing. We save HUNDREDS of dollars!
You may notice ads for CampusBookRentals on the sidebar and at the bottom of the page. I added those as a thank you to CBR and to be sure that you all have the opportunity to save as we did. And of course there's the bonus of Operation Smile!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted this!! Thanks much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.mycollegetextbooks.com/

    The site I just linked to lets you type in the title/author/ISBN number and it will search the web for your textbook at the cheapest price. I've used it several times for getting my textbooks.

    ReplyDelete