Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tutorial - How to Make a Glow-in-the-Dark Firefly Jar

Glow in the dark paint! Endless possibilities!

Glow-in-the-Dark Firefly Jar Tutorial at Come Together Kids
"We're very fortunate to live in an area of the country where lightning bugs are a fun part of Summer evenings. I have so many childhood memories of running around in the backyard after dark collecting fireflies in a jar and I'm so glad that my kids get the chance to do the same thing now.

Unfortunately, we often have problems at the end of the evening when they have a jar full of fireflies and it's bedtime. They don't want to part with their glowing, flickering jars of light, but I don't really want a jar full of bugs in the house (especially when it'll be a jar full of dead bugs by morning). When I came across these cool, glowing jars on Pinterest, I had an a-ha moment that would solve our problems. I made a jar that would continue glowing even after we let the bugs free and came inside..." Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment