Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make a Draped Cardigan

The secret is to add an extra shawl collar

Draped Cardigan Tutorial at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom Blog

"First step is to make a pattern.  Using a measuring tape, measure from the top of your shoulder down to where you want the back of your cardigan to hit.  Fold your shirt in half so the back is showing and trace the shape onto the freezer paper like the picture below, extending down to your back measurement.  (You could trace directly onto the fabric, but I like to make patterns only once and reuse them.) Add 1/4 inch all around your pattern for the seam allowance.  Cut out your pattern piece.  You will use the same piece for the front and back".... Read more

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my Cardigan Tutorial! I am thrilled!
    ~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tired the cardigan on the Sewing Republic (which is now We all Sew) by Bernina, and I have to say this looks so much more polished. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried another pattern for a draped cardigan and it turned out. . . okay. I like this so much better. It has a more polished flattering fit and is not any harder. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this one - it was a really easy to follow tutorial and turned out fabulously. thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete