Friday, March 9, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make a Paper Pieced Heart Tea Cup

Cute Heart Tea Cup Pattern

Heart Tea Cup Tutorial at Where the Orchids Grow Blog

"I designed this block to be beginners friendly, but also included some smaller pieces to give you something to practice on.  The pattern is divided up in sections from A to F, each section is pieced individually and then all sections are pieced together. I will be using the freezer paper method for this tutorial but feel free to paper piece whichever way you like best of course!  With freezer paper piecing each pattern piece has it's own freezer paper template. I like to print a paper copy of the pattern to keep next to my sewing machine for reference as I piece each section. rather than tracing the pattern on freezer paper by hand, I print a copy of the pattern directly on to the dull side of my freezer paper and save some time. Doing this does mean you will have to cut with a 1/4" seam allowance around the pattern once ironed on".... Read more

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you win the sew mama sew true love comp with this? well done! It's absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete