Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make an Upcycled Sweater Dress

A Woman's Sweater Resized for a Little Girl's Dress


Upcycled Sweater Dress Tutorial at Shakespear's Stage Blog

"When I spotted it on the thrift store rack, it was love. I decided to make it into a dress for my wee girl. But I wasn't sure what to do about the big neckline which swamped her little shoulders. Well, I started by taking it in on the sides and the sleeves all in one go. And also putting in a new seam along the shoulders from the neck to sleeve.  (First I turned it inside out and then pinned it where I wanted the new seams....and... let's hope I first tried it on her to see where I wanted the new seams to go....but I can't really remember.... I actually made this last year and when I finished it, it was too big on her and looked funny. I chalked it up to a Craft Fail. But then Zoe found it a few days ago, slipped it on and I realized it fit and looked good".... Read more

1 comment:

  1. Upcycled Sweater Dress is really awesome to wear. The Upcycled Sweater Dress image is really very good to me. I quite love it's color. This is very helpful tutorial to Make an Upcycled Sweater Dress. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete