Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make a Child's Scarf

Uses Soft Materials for Delicate Skin

Child's Scarf Tutorial at Blooms And Bugs Blog

"A scarf is good for adults but way too dangerous for little ones. I always wanted to make a buttoned scarflette ( like this ) for my daughter but I had another consideration. Her skin is way too sensitive for poly materials like fleece, acrylic wool..I'm pretty sure she will have severe eczema the day I make her wear any such thing next to her skin.  Now that cold weather is here, I was forced into finding a solution to this scarf issue. Turns out, the solution is simple. Line the scarf with a cotton knit on one side and make sure to place that side on her skin. Voila".... Read more

1 comment:

  1. If you don't already have a pair of size 8 knitting needles, you will need to purchase them.

    ReplyDelete