Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make Doodled Easter Basket

Each Child Can Make Their Unique Basket

Doodle Basket Tutorial at Vicki Smith Art with Kids Blog

"This is a fun little springtime project to make with your child or for your child. I started with a square of board that is used to mount photos, but poster board would work just as well. I divided my square into nine small squares and used markers to doodle the flower pattern. I flipped it over and drew in the yellow stripes, cut out another piece for the handle and also decorated that piece. I cut along the green lines that are indicated in my diagram below and used a bone folder to score along the dashed line. Holes were punched in the small blue circles so that paper fasteners or brads can join the sides and the handle. I used a little white glue to secure the sides".... Read more

4 comments:

  1. awesome information. Keep updating your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, work with children, will use this next Easter, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this basket idea, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete