Friday, April 27, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make Pattern from a Garment

I am going to try this technique to recreate a favorite bathrobe

Make Pattern from Garment Tutorial at Show Tell Share Blog

"I am always looking for ways to make things easier. Cutting clothes apart can be tedious. And I may not have anything I want to cut up. Drawing around a store bought item is easy, however some areas are harder to navigate around to copy just right.  I never really liked fiddling around to make sure it lays down just so, with the right seam showing.  So, I started using pins. Put cardboard or foam board underneath the paper you are drawing the pattern on and place pins at short intervals . You can use this trick for marking pocket placement, button holes, armholes etc. Then just connect the holes and you have the perfect copy" Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment