Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make Rustic Chalkboard Eggs

Fun Project with Practical Results

Rustic Chalkboard Egg Tutorial at Smashed Peas and Carrots Blog

"How's about a fun and functional craft for the Easter holiday and beyond?  With a week to go before Easter I've got just the quick project for you, believe it or not :-)  Last week I was at Michael's (again!) with Eloise and I spotted these cute wooden board slices of tree trunk out of the corner of my eye while we were rolling down the wood aisle...I was seriously shopping for a friend, true story.  They totally reminded me of eggs in their oblong shape.  I snatched up two in different sizes and thought if I prettified them with some of that rad pastel Martha Stewart chalkboard paint I used to make these they would be perfect Easter-y/Spring-y goodness my lacking-in-Easter-decor walls were crying for plus they would have the grand function of being a chalkboard/note-taking space as well.  Boom.  There you have it".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment