Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tutorial - How to Refinish a Popcorn Ceiling

A Lot of Work but the Results are Worth It


Refinish a Popcorn Ceiling Tutorial at My Beautiful Mess

"If you have a house that was built in the 80′s, like we do, you probably have that popcorn texture on your ceiling.  You know, that super bumpy cobweb filled mess with edges that are impossible to paint cleanly.  Well, I have good news, my friend!  You don’t have to live with the popcorn anymore.  Hooray!  We have successfully removed the texture from the ceiling in two of our rooms, with many more to come.  So I’d thought I would share what we’ve learned along the way.  And when I say “we”, I mean “my husband”.  I had the idea to take it down, he learned how and did ALL the work.  So I will share with you what HE learned. First and foremost, make sure there is no asbestos in your ceiling.  If you house was built after 1978, there most likely isn’t – but be sure!  Our popcorn ceiling was made of newspaper and paint".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment