Monday, May 21, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make a Girl's Halter Dress

Such a Sweet Dress

Girl's Halter Dress Tutorial at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom Blog

"I like being able to reuse my existing sewing patterns to make new and different dresses, tops and bottoms.  That's exactly what I did to make this little halter dress.  I used the pattern I created for my sweet spring sundress, gave it the tiniest of tweaks and came up with a new dress.  I know I say this about almost everything I make :), but oh my goodness, I LOVE THIS DRESS!  This fabric is one of my favorites that I bought a couple of years ago and have been saving.  In fact, it pained me just a little to cut into it since the fabric line is almost impossible to find anymore.  The good thing is, I know I made the dress in a way that she will be able to wear it for at least 2 years as a dress and probably even longer as a top.  (All I'll have to do is loosen the elastic in the back".... Read more

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my Halter Dress! Have a great week!
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post, I will be checking back regularly to look for updates.
    chiffon long skirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prom night is every teenager's dream. And while the occasion of a prom means everyone dressing up in his or her finest garb, a halter prom dress is a little tricky and daring. To know more on the halter prom dress do read this article.

    ReplyDelete