Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make Decorated Match Boxes

A quick project

Decorated Matchbox Tutorial at Shades of Tangerine Blog

"When my friend Molly and her husband moved into his Grandmother's house to help care for her, I was beyond jealous.  Their Grandma has one of those incredible old houses that you only see in movies with room after room brimming full of dusty old trinkets and treasure. The house was built by his Great Grandfather, and harbors generations of beautiful things: antique Ouija boards, ancient books, old dolls and perfume bottles, vintage buttons and jewelry, records,... the list goes on.  A few weeks ago, Molly came over and casually dropped a bag on the table saying, "Grandma said you can have this stuff for art projects."  I grabbed the bag and out tumbled delicate lace clad antique dolls, unopened vintage greeting cards, beads, and ribbon.  I couldn't believe my eyes".... Read more

3 comments: