Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make a Twirly Skirt

Inserted godets give this skirt swing

Skirt Tutorial at Sew Pretty, Sew Free Blog

"This is another one of those - bubbling inside my head - patterns. I have seen many version of this skirt, in various sew and shows online and in stores too. I had always wanted to make one, but circular cuts kind of make me nervous.  Finally I couldn't ignore the tiny voice in my head and thought- at the most I'll waste some fabric and an hour ( yeah its that simple...I don't know what I'm afraid of really) let me just go ahead and do it. So I did some calculations in my head, got off my butt and started cutting. Less than an hour later I had this skirt. Honestly, its a real sew easy project. Other than cutting the pattern ( which has only 2 pieces) there's really not much to this skirt. But it looks really cool, and has a nice twirl factor".... Read more

1 comment: