Saturday, October 13, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make a Shirred Girl's Dress

It is summertime in Australia

Shirred Dress Tutorial at What's Mummy Up To Blog

"Well, apart from how cute they are, one BIG bonus of having two girls is that I get to re-use all of the super-cute little girly clothes from Bethany.  I love dressing my girls, and styling cute outfits.  So, recently I was going through some boxes of Bethany's baby clothes to see what I might re-use for Hannah.  I found a gorgeous little shirred sun-dress that my mother-in-law made.  Bethany wore it so much, and for that reason it's a little stained, so I decided Hannah probably couldn't wear that one, but would definitely need one of her own.  As I was studying it to figure out how I might be able to make a similar one, I remembered that one of the reasons I loved this dress so much was because it was made out of a cotton muslin-type fabric ... you know, the stuff they make baby wraps from.  It's so super-soft and it dries almost instantly.  Well, once I realised this, there was no turning back".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment