Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tutorial - How to Make Fabric Eggs

Make a basketful of scrappy eggs

Eggs Tutorial at The Velvet Aubergine Blog

"I love Easter eggs. There’s something delightful about the elevation of such an ordinary, every day object into colour and pattern and life: it’s spring and rebirth and all the good things we’ve been longing for through the long, white winter.  This year, in addition to dying real eggs, I wanted to make something a little more permanent and a little more playful.  It was a perfect time to dig into my quilting scraps. I was surprised at how many tries it took me to get a shape and size that I liked and the enormous quantity of “fluff” that I was able to cram into each egg.  I’m very happy with the end result.  These play Easter eggs are the size of real eggs and so firmly stuffed that they’re hardly squishable at all.  They have a heft and solidity that begs to be picked up and handled".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment