Monday, August 19, 2013

Tutorial - How to Make a Draw-String Back Pack

Try the back pack on to make sure the ropes are the right length for you

Back Pack Tutorial at The Crafter's Apprentice Blog

"That bag was made using home dec. weight fabric, left-overs from my Weekender in a Day bag.  My mum had asked me to make her one, but not having any other fabrics of this weight in her chosen colours (green and pink), I used quilting weight cottons.  Another difference is that I used fusible fleece for my bag.  When I came to make mum's, I didn't have any fusible fleece left, so I used two layers of interfacing.  My bag is soft, mum's is more sturdy.  It's up to you what fabrics you use and whether you use fleece or interfacing, or both.  Of course, your outer fabric could be a piece of patchwork and you could quilt it, or you could make an applique design.  The sky is the limit with this one".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment