Friday, September 13, 2013

Tutorial - How to Make a Recycled Glass Bead Necklace

Tutorial includes a necklace, bracelet and earrings

Recycled Bead Tutorial at Emerging Creatively Tutorials Blog

"I’ve been eying up these recycled glass beads from Happy Mango Beads.  As you may know, recycled jewelry is kind of my thing.
When I got these beads in the mail, it was almost like Christmas here.  I was so excited.  You know how that is, especially when you order beads in the mail.  I actually didn’t have a design idea in mind.  And the first idea I started when I got the beads I didn’t like.  These beads are smooth and light and airy, and light weight-wise, too.  Wire wrapping didn’t really look right to me with these beads. I was out of beading wire (I know, crazy, right?!?) and didn’t feel like running out to get some more.  That is how I came up with this design and technique.  Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment