Monday, December 23, 2013

Tutorial - How to Make Fruit Cake

http://whoeverhasthemostfabric.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-part-i-my-mothers-fruitcake.html
Timeless, delicious, and worth the effort

Fruit CakeTutorial at Whoever has the Most Fabric Blog

"Making my Mother's fruitcake is like having her in the kitchen with me.  She made these fruitcakes every year and gave many as gifts. While I was growing up I always helped her.  My  main job was shelling nuts.  Thankfully, I no longer have to do that. A trip to Holland and Barrett and I am all set with shelled nuts and candied fruit.  When I moved to England, she used to send me one every year. I must have asked her for the recipe several times.  Eventually, I got a note to say that that was the fourth time she had copied the recipe out.  After that, I kept the recipe in a safe place and started making the cakes myself".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment