Thursday, January 2, 2014

Tutorial - How to Use a Recycled Box as a Canvas

http://ayearwithrabbits.blogspot.com/2013/12/grits-box-painting-tutorial.html
One way to save money on canvases

Tutorial at A Year with Rabbits Blog

"Yep, I painted this little kitty painting on a hominy grits box.  My husband and I eat a lot of grits. Safeway (a supermarket in our area) just had a sale on Albers Quick Grits.   They only carry the two pound boxes at our store here.  Since we are always running out, I bought a few. As I usually recycle cardboard and use it for painting on (after it has been gessoed...I've learned so much in Carla Sonheim's Classes), I thought how perfect a grits box is for this purpose.  I could paint the entire box and hang it on a wall.  No need for a frame".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment