Monday, September 8, 2014

Tutorial - How to Alter a Favorite Dress

http://whoeverhasthemostfabric.blogspot.com/2014/08/make-do-and-mend-altering-favourite.html
Simple alterations redeem a dress in a few hours

Tutorial at Whoever Has the Most Fabric Blog

"This dress, which I bought years ago, is one of my favourite summer dresses.  It is made of linen and the neutral colour goes well with a pop of colour, (such as red, yellow or hot pink) or with black or navy.  When I put it on this year, it was noticeably tight around the waist.  It had always been a bit long in the waist for me, but when I was slimmer, it could be pulled up a bit with a belt.  Inspired by 'This Old Thing', a programme about recycling vintage clothes, I decided to see if I could do something to make this dress wearable again".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment