Saturday, October 4, 2014

Tutorial - How to Write a Sewing Tutorial

http://www.threadingmyway.com/2014/09/write-great-sewing-tutorials.html
Tips on how to write a great sewing tutorial

Tutorial at Threading My Way Blog

"Today I thought I'd show you my process for writing a sewing tutorial. Are they great tutorials? Ha, ha... you can be the judge of that, but they are designed to be comprehensive and step by step, with beginning sewists in mind. Take notes while you sew. Yes, it slows down the process incredibly, but it allows you to include details you may otherwise forget. I literally scribble in a notebook. These are the notes for my Simple Gathered Skirt tutorial. There's not many notes because it's so easy and there's not many steps. There are enough points in the rough notes, however, that I could elaborate on in the tutorial".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment