Saturday, December 27, 2014

Tutorial - How to Fix Frayed Jean Hems

http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.sg/2014/12/fix-it-friday-snazzy-jean-hems.html
Mend those tired jean hems with a colorful blanket stitch

Tutorial at Green Issues by Agy Blog

"I've been very busy with workshops this month and I was away to spend time with my parents so Fix It Friday took a break, but we're back today. During the break, I realised how tatty the hems of the legs of my jeans had become - torn and with white strands coming out. It didn't look neat at all! These are the same pair I had done some sashiko mending - more on that in a later post! I had originally machine sewn a straight stitch across the bottom of the hem and even attempted a small blanket stitch but then realised that it wasn't going to do! So, I got a chenille needle and embroidered a blanket stitch across the bottom in an array of colours".... Read more

1 comment: