Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tutorial - How to Make a Thimble Pip


http://www.supermomnocape.com/2014/10/31/thimble-pip-tutorial/
Case will comfortably hold 3 thimbles

Tutorial at Super Mom - No Cape!

"Thimble pips are certainly not a new idea.  From my research, I discovered that they go back at least one hundred years if not more.  The original ones were made using cardboard or card stock as a base.  Many were very elaborately embroidered or embellished with beads and lace.  And they go by several different names: thimble buds, precious pods, precious buds, pipkins, pinch purse, clam shells and Kai No Kuchi.   But as I mentioned in this post, thimble pips is my favorite as it’s such fun to say.  Since the last time I posted about them, I’ve been busy making more pips".... Read more

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank everyone who has clicked over to my blog to check out my Thimble Pip Tutorial. It's been so much fun! If you'd like to see the newest Spring/Easter Pips I've made using my thimble pip tutorial you can find them here: http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/03/27/how-cute-are-these-new-spring-or-easter-pips/

    ReplyDelete