Monday, June 15, 2015

Tutorial - How to Applique with Scribbly Stitching

http://www.threadingmyway.com/2015/06/how-to-applique-with-scribbly-stitching.html
Get free applique robot templates on this blog

Tutorial at Threading My Way Blog

"The other day I showed you how to use an appliqué template to prepare shapes and fuse them onto fabric. Today I'll show you the method I often use to stitch raw edge appliqué. I call it scribbly stitching, but I've also seen it referred to as wonky stitching or sketchy stitching. The double sided fusible webbing glues the fabric together, but it's not strong enough to stay in position over time. Small pieces will fall off very easily if not stitched. Larger pieces will stay on longer, but possibly not after a few washes. When I first began appliquéing, I always used a zig zag stitch as the final step in the process. Whilst I still like and use a zig zag stitch, for appliqué work where the pieces are irregular or small, I prefer scribbly stitching".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment