Saturday, September 26, 2015

Tutorial - How to Fix Stretched Ribbing

http://www.threadingmyway.com/2015/09/how-to-easily-mend-stretched-ribbing-on.html
You'll need shirring elastic and large eyed needle

Tutorial at Threading My Way Blog

"I have to admit, I'm not overly keen on clothing alterations or mending a worn garment. To prolong the life of a garment, however, I'll overcome my lack of enthusiasm. Today's sewing involved one such task - fixing the stretched ribbing on the sleeves of a favorite cardigan. As far as mending goes, the fix was relatively easy.  This cardigan has served me well - I wear it a LOT - and apart from the stretched sleeves, it's still in good shape. I have a habit of pushing the sleeves up to my forearm, which has probably caused the cuffs to stretch. I'm also not particularly careful when I take it off - pulling it by the ribbing, which also wouldn't help".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment