Saturday, September 26, 2015

Tutorial - How to Fix Stretched Ribbing
You'll need shirring elastic and large eyed needle

Tutorial at Threading My Way Blog

"I have to admit, I'm not overly keen on clothing alterations or mending a worn garment. To prolong the life of a garment, however, I'll overcome my lack of enthusiasm. Today's sewing involved one such task - fixing the stretched ribbing on the sleeves of a favorite cardigan. As far as mending goes, the fix was relatively easy.  This cardigan has served me well - I wear it a LOT - and apart from the stretched sleeves, it's still in good shape. I have a habit of pushing the sleeves up to my forearm, which has probably caused the cuffs to stretch. I'm also not particularly careful when I take it off - pulling it by the ribbing, which also wouldn't help".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment