Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make a City Tote

Chic and practical tote with zippered pocket

Tote Tutorial at Show, Tell, Share Blog

"First you need to make the pattern. I like to use cardboard paper. I usually make a half a pattern and just place my pattern on the fold of the fabric. So, first draw a trapezoid. I think mine was 13 in on top, 17 in on bottom and 11 inches height. Then you will extend the top and bottom lines (in red) and connect them to make the gusset. I extended mine 2 inches on each side. I do not bother with seam allowance on a pattern. I know what I like to sew with and I add it to my original finished size, then round up or down for convenience. When it comes to making bags, you can get away with not being so precise".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment