Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tutorial - How to Make a Knit Dress

Use a ball-point needle, and good quality thread

Knit DressTutorial at What's Mummy Up To Blog

"I have to admit that I've been a little afraid of knit fabrics.  I'm always confused by which one to buy, which needle to use, to zig-zag or straight stitch etc etc.  But a few weekends ago, in a moment of insanity bravery, I decided I'd give it a go.  I had some pink knit fabric left over from another project, and thought I'd have a go at designing and making a little drop-waisted dress for Hannah.  It was one of those VERY unplanned projects, that I decided to do just after I put Hannah down for her nap, and just kind of made up as I went along.  I chanced some pics along the way just in case it worked out well enough to share, so there's a little tutorial for this dress here too.  I'll tell you how I made it, but also how I would do it differently next time, now that I've learned a little more about knit-fabric sewing".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment