Monday, November 25, 2013

Tutorial - How to Recycle a Sweater into a Hot Pad

http://maidenjane.blogspot.com/2013/11/upcycled-knit-sweater-hot-pad-or-trivet.html
A simple and inexpensive gift

Tutorial at Maiden Jane Blog

"You may have read about the sad demise of my Must Have Cardigan. I made a pillow out  of it and I am enjoying seeing it on my bed.  There was quite a big of fabric available on the sleeves, so I decided to make a hot pad or trivet for a couple of hostess gifts. So if you have a sweater that the man in the house accidentally felted or if you have a thrift shop find, go ahead and wash it! This sweater was only partially felted, but I knit it so it is special to me. Since I used the sleeve, I cut it along the seam and removed it from the sweater at the shoulder".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment