Thursday, September 11, 2014

Tutorial - How to Make a Piped Pincushion

http://www.sewmccool.com/sew-piping-piped-pincushion/
Instruction on making piping is included

Tutorial at SewMcCool Blog

"I inherited my mother-in-law’s Bernina 1260 a couple of years ago, and I thought she had purchased every foot imaginable for that machine. So I assumed I had a piping foot! I assumed wrong. But…if you’re like me, without a piping foot, pull out your regular zipper foot (first photo below). That will work just fine!  Now cut your cording to 23in (58cm) and have the 22in (56cm) bias handy. Place the cording inside the bias, right in the fold on the wrong side of the fabric, with a little cord sticking out. Stitch it down, just at the beginning, so you won’t have to worry about pulling it out while you’re sewing".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment