Sunday, October 5, 2014

Tutorial - How to Make Burlap Coneflowers

http://plumperfectandme.blogspot.com/2014/08/diy-burlap-purple-coneflowers.html
Use in a wreath or a centerpiece

Tutorial at Purple Hues and Me Blog

"I love seeing purple coneflowers in the garden and thought about using them in place of sunflowers in décor.  I'm a bit tired of all the yellow and would like to see something different.  To my surprise, I really couldn't find much of anything so far as using purple coneflowers around the house or in crafting.  Why is that?  It's such an unusual shaped flower well respected among gardeners and scientist, alike.  At the top of the stem is a single large coppery brown cone which is quite impressive.  It is surrounded by droopy petals, in shades ranging from lavender, pink and purple, that to me, mimic the brim of a hat".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment