Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tutorial - How to Make Clothes Pin Dolls

http://vickismithartwithkids.blogspot.com/2014/11/clothes-pin-dolls.html
A fun activity with materials you may have on hand

Tutorial at Vicki Smith Art with Kids Blog

"Clothes pin dolls are fun and easy to make, particularly if you already have odds and ends of fabric, trim and buttons on hand. Children today are not necessarily familiar with clothes pins, but from Colonial times until just a few decades ago they would have been a necessity in every household. Turning them into dolls is a form of folk art. My husband drilled holes for me so that I could insert the pipe cleaner arms. I cut the pipe cleaners so that they are the same length as the height of the clothes pin. To attach the fabric clothing I used white glue and a small sponge brush".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment