Friday, June 19, 2015

Tutorial - How to Make a Fabric Box with Attached Lid

http://www.madforfabric.com/2015/06/12/diy-fabric-box-with-lid-tutorial/
Recycle cardboard or cereal boxes you have on hand

Tutorial at Mad for Fabric Blog

"Unlike my previous fabric box where you can adjust the height and width dynamically, here you need to decide ahead of time how large you want your final box to be. I wanted the dimensions of my box to measure approximately 7D x 7W x 5.5H. Here is a diagram I made to help you calculate how large your fabric needs to be. I cut a piece of craft paper to use as a template first to make sure the size was to my liking before I cut my fabric. I ended up cutting 2 pieces of fabric measuring 19″ x 29″ and used 1/2″ seam allowances".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment