Saturday, October 24, 2015

Tutorial - Directional Prints in a Stacked Brick Quilt

https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2015/09/25/using-a-directional-print-in-stacked-bricks/
Stacked Bricks pattern is available for free

Tutorial at From My Carolina Home Blog

"I am still on my plan to make more boy’s themed quilts for our charity quilt goal with the quilt club.  I found this really cute Winnie the Pooh fabric, but it is directional.  The print has a fairly large repeat, so bigger pieces will show off this print better than cutting small ones. I decided to use the Stacked Bricks pattern, and use the Pooh print for the 7 inch squares. I made a nine-patch with five-inch squares in colors that went with the print. Then I did the cuts, turning the upper left and lower right".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment