Monday, January 18, 2016

Tutorial - How to Fix a Mistake in a Finished Quilt

https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/fixing-a-mistake-in-a-finished-quilt/
How to lift patches that were sewn wrong in a finished quilt

Tutorial at From My Carolina Home Blog

"Sometimes the excitement of finishing a project gets the better of me and I do something careless in my haste to finish.  Well, that happened with the Scrap Dance Mystery Quilt.  How is it that I can look at a quilt for weeks on end, do this mistake early on and miss every possible time to catch it?  The mistake was made in the original unit construction, yet I didn’t see it then.  Nor did I catch it when I assembled the blocks.  Or when I put the blocks together.  Or when I added the bloody borders!  Or when I loaded it to be quilted, and then quilted it.  Didn’t see it when I added the binding either.  I only noticed it when the whole, entire quilt was finished.  My stomach sank".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment