Sunday, January 17, 2016

Tutorial - How to Rework a Quilt

https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2015/12/30/reworking-the-cottage-garden-quilt/
How to take a quilt completely apart and requilt, using the skinning method.

Tutorial at From My Carolina Home Blog

"I promised to show this some time ago, and I haven’t had a moment to do so until now.  For what it is worth, I don’t recommend this, but if you are just this side of totally insane like me, here is how to skin a quilt.  I will admit that using the longarm for this project made it a bit easier than usual.  This was the not the first time I have had to take out major sections of quilting, and this is by far the better way.  If you do not have a longarm, the concepts are the same, but you need a big floor space to tape down the backing edge.  First let me show you the ‘before’ of the quilt, and why I just had to fix it".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment